Sunday, March 18, 2018

Updated: Deconstructed & Reworked - Two Funky Projects



Project One:
I had an understated shell with a pleated neckline. I needed to take it from a basic business piece to something that I would just itch to wear. I wanted to add a funky, short train-style back. I then created more drama via the detailing on the shoulders and neckline...

Phase I


Update:
I decided to open the front to add more of a floaty feel to the front; which works out perfectly since I planned to wear this top layered over a slip tunic.


Phase II

Phase II with ruched edges refined



Project Two:
I updated this cropped jacket by opening the 3/4 sleeves to create a cape-sleeve effect. I then added a subtle contrast via the knit sleeves and tie sash...