What: The 67th Annual Festival de Cannes, aka The Cannes Film Festival
When: May 14th-25th
Where: Cannes, the cinematic glam locale which is also part of the beautiful Côte d'Azur (French Riviera)
Hervé Chigioni and his graphic designer, Gilles Frappier, have based the poster design for the 67th Festival de Cannes on a photogram taken from Federico Fellini’s "8½", which was presented in the Official Selection in 1963.
Quentin Tarantino will close the festival with a celebration of the life and work of Sergio Leone.
Below are some video highlights from the red carpet. Scroll down to see videos, the list of jury members for each film category, film posters and more...
Check Back Often: I will add more footage of press conferences, red carpet looks and parties as it becomes available.
Red Carpet Looks
More De Grisogono - Jewelry, Interviews & the Fashion Show
Festival de Cannes 2014 - amFAR Gala
French director Olivier Dahan’s "Grace of Monaco" will open the 2014 Festival de Cannes. The world preview will take place on Wednesday, May 14th, in the Grand Théâtre Lumière of the Palais des Festivals, in the Official Selection category, Out of Competition.
The film portrays a period in the life of American actress Grace Kelly (played by Nicole Kidman) who became Princess Grace of Monaco when she married Prince Rainier III (Tim Roth) in 1956, in what was dubbed “the marriage of the century”. An Oscar winner, she was already a huge film star, having worked with the very greatest (John Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, Fred Zinnemann) and acclaimed the world over.
Six years later, amid occasional difficulties in fulfilling her role, she was invited back to Hollywood by Alfred Hitchcock, to play in his new film "Marnie". At the time, France was threatening to tax and even annex Monaco. Was she still an actress?
The Jury Panel
Arrival of the Jury Panel
The Jury of the 67th Festival de Cannes
The New Zealand director, producer and screenwriter Jane Campion, winner of the Palme d’or for "The Piano", will be the President of the Jury of the 67th Festival de Cannes. The jury, consisting of five women and four men, will decide which of the 18 films in the Competition category will win the Palme d’or:
- Jane Campion - President (Director, Screenwriter, Producer – New Zealand)
- Carole Bouquet (Actress – France)
- Sofia Coppola (Director, Screenwriter, Producer – United States)
- Leila Hatami (Actress – Iran)
- Jeon Do-yeon (Actress – South Korea)
- Willem Dafoe (Actor – United States)
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Actor, Director, Producer – Mexico)
- Jia Zhangke (Director, Screenwriter, Producer – China)
- Nicolas Winding Refn (Director, Screenwriter, Producer – Denmark)
The Un Certain Regard Jury
- Pablo Trapero - President, Director, Scriptwriter, Producer (Argentina)
- Peter Becker, President of The Criterion Collection (USA)
- Maria Bonnevie, Actress (Norway / Sweden)
- Géraldine Pailhas, Actress (France)
- Moussa Touré, Director, Scriptwriter, Producer (Sénégal)
The Caméra d’or Jury
- Nicole Garcia - President, Actress and Director
- Richard Anconina, Actor
- Gilles Gaillard, Technician
- Sophie Grassin, Journalist and Critic
- Héléna Klotz, Director
- Lisa Nesselson, Journalist
- Philippe Van Leeuw, Director, Cinematographer
The Cinéfondation and Short Films Jury
- Abbas Kiarostami - President (Iran)
- Noémie Lvovsky (France)
- Daniela Thomas (Brazil)
- Mahamat-Saleh Haroun (Chad)
- Joachim Trier (Norway)
A Few Film Posters...
|Category: Competition - Feature Films|
|Category: Competition - Short Films|
|Category: Un Certain Regard|
|Category: Cannes Classics|
Movie posters and pictures courtesy of the Festival de Cannes